Do you sometimes get stuck when writing in your journal? Do you go back and read previous entries, then feel that you could have written more? Journaling is an underrated form of self-healing. It will help to clear your mind, focus on your desires, and release what no longer is serving you.
At the very least, I journal every week, if not every day. After getting stuck, I found helpful journal prompts to help the writing flow effortlessly to take my writing to the next level. Check them out below and let me know how they helped you!
PIN THIS IMAGE (and save it for later)
Journaling is extremely easy. You do not need to be a scholar or published writer to write in one. All you need is a journal/notebook and a pen/pencil. Seriously, this is $2 at your local dollar store. You don’t have to get a fancy journal and pen, but if it helps you to get in the mood — do it.
What Are Journal Prompts?
Journal prompts are questions that help to get you thinking about what to write. Depending on your goal for journaling, the prompts could have the intention for healing, desire check and helping to gain a better sense of self.
I use my journal for quite a few purposes. If I am angry, I channel that energy into my journal. I write in my journal when I am feeling unsure about myself. If I want to document my goal progress, I do it there as well. These are just examples and are not the only uses for my journal.
Journal is divination because of how easily the answers flow from your mind (through the prompts). You are receiving divine guidance and this shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Morning Journal Prompts
- Today, I want to feel…
- 3 ways I could appreciate myself today are…
- 3 ways I could show love to myself are…
- What do I want to accomplish today?
- 3 ways I can stay present today are…
- What am I most needing today…
- The Word of the day is (love, abundance, forgiveness, gratefulness and etc) and I will practice this today by…
- What is truly worth focusing on today? What is not?
- How will I choose myself today?
- What was my inner voice telling me this morning? How did I speak to myself? Was it kind or harsh?
- What am I most needing right now?
Nightly Journal Prompts
- How was today?
- How am I feeling about the way today went?
- 3 things I need to let go of that happened today…
- What do I want to do differently tomorrow?
- What distractions happened today?
- What happened today that made me (insert feeling)…
For Healing & Well-Being
- I often feel (insert feeling) because…
- What emotion is rooted deep within my core and no dos this emotion impact how I interact with and perceive others?
- What situations or people seem to trigger this emotion out of me? Why?
- What do I need in order to heal this emotional attachment and end my trigger to it?
- What makes me feel safe?
- Are my boundaries strong? If not, what boundaries do I need to place for my well-being?
- Have my recent expectations of others gotten the best of me? What happened and what did I learn?
- What does well-being look like to me?
- How can I make a daily routine to establish my well-being?
- Recently, I have been feeling…
- If I could have things my way, they would look like…
- What am I truly needing these days?
- What would my perfect schedule look like?
- What is no longer serving me?
- How far have I come? How much have I grown? (be specific)
- What does a new beginning mean to me, right now?
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, where? Why? Now, how can I make a goal and plan to make that happen?
Purchase Shadow Work: Step-By-Step Guide To Enlightenment to find out how to release and move forward.
For years, I showed women how to look beautiful, but now I want to show you how to feel beautiful. Join me!
Check out my Mind/Body/Spirit section for personal growth guidance, spiritual grounding and more!
C O N N E C T – W I T H – M E